Thursday, November 4, 2004

Missed a Big Fish

DATE: Thursday, 11/4/2004

TIME: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM

WEATHER: Mid-50's, cloudy, moderate to strong wind

WATER CONDITIONS: 1 unit, water rising upon arrival

LOCATIONS FISHED: Norfork River, McClellan's; fished run along right bank, Ace in the Hole, and left side along bank below Ace in the Hole pool.

HATCH: None

ROD USED: Unknown

FLIES USED: I caught a couple on #16 Red Ass; used scuds, red beaded San Juan worm, and flashback bead head pheasant tail with little luck, catching only a couple of fish. I hooked one briefly that I could barely move; it may have been the largest trout I've ever hooked. I finally broke down and put a #14 bead head mini-bugger on with 3 extra weights above it, casting at Ace in the Hole, quartering downstream, and stripping and caught 8 to 10, and missed about 4.

OTHER: I fished with Rod and Mel. Fishermen were sparse; we only saw a couple for a few minutes, then they left. Duane Hada brought 2 clients in; they did not catch fish. White River was backed up to Handicap Access.

No comments:

Post a Comment