Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday, February 23, 2006

DATE: Thursday, February 23, 2006

TIME: 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM

WEATHER: Mid-40s

WATER CONDITIONS: 0 units

LOCATIONS FISHED: Norfork River, McClellan’s downstream of Otter Creek

HATCH: Blue winged olive, two midges (one black and tiny, the other about a #22 gray)

ROD USED: Winston 10’ 4-weight WT

FLIES USED: #20 Kay's Gray, #20 blue winged olive, #20 Dunn's Dun, #26 Dunn’s Dun, #14 gray Norfork River scud

OTHER: I fished with Kay. I started with a gray scud, but only got one bite, and no hook ups. Kay got a couple of bites on a gray scud, but no hook ups. I tried several flies, and finally caught one of the midges coming off the surface; it appeared to be olive with ribbing and very small. I put on a #26 Dunn's Dun, and bingo, began to get bites. I hooked up several times, and managed to land a couple of fish. I missed at least a half dozen or more. Perhaps the code has been broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment