Friday, December 26, 2008

Norfork River, AR

TIME: 9:45 AM TO 2:00 PM
WEATHER: Cloudy, Mid 60s
WATER CONDITIONS: 0 units
LOCATIONS FISHED: Norfork River, upstream of Ackerman Walk-in Access
ROD USED: Winston LT 8’6" 5 wt Joan Wulff Favorite
FLIES USED: #14 Norfork River Scud
HATCHES: None
OTHER: Fished with Wayne. I grabbed the wrong rod this morning and began fishing the 2 wt, trying to make long casts that fell woefully short. I cut off the old leader, then realized that I didn’t have spare, nor did Wayne, necessitating a hike to pick up another rod. Meanwhile, Wayne was catching one fish after another. I fiddled and fished an hour before picking up my first fish below the island below McClellan’s. After a few fish we worked our way along side the island, and I found fish under one of the overhanging trees. I managed to catch 8 fish at this one tree. I moved to the head of the island and caught a half dozen fish while Wayne worked his way upstream near Otter Creek. We worked our way back downstream towards home. As usual he caught fish all day—I ended up with only 30 fish and Wayne caught 5 dozen or more. While it was a relatively slow day, it rates as a top ten since Wayne and I both need time on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment