Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday, August 22, 2012—The Sabbatical is Over

TIME: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
WEATHER: High 70s to low 90s, sunny, windy
WATER CONDITIONS: 0 Units
LOCATIONS FISHED: Norfork River, top of the island below McClellan’s to top of the gravel above Otter Creek (below McClellan’s stairs) 
FLIES USED: Olive Wayne’s Fly, Olive Norfork River Scud, #20 red/silver Zebra Midge
ROD USED: Winston 8’ 6” 5-weight WT JWF
HATCHES: Midges
OTHER: I fished solo. This was my first time on the water or three weeks; I had just tired of fishing. There were two fishers above the riffle above the island, surprisingly leaving the best water for me. I caught eight fish in the tail out of the riffle. I proceeded upstream and fished Ace in the Hole, with no success. Further upstream, I caught two fish above the Walnut Tree. I walked upstream to past the end of the gravel above Otter Creek, but below the stairs at McClellan’s, catching one fish with several misses near the tree on the left descending bank. I fished the middle of the river where the current changes from the left side to the right side, with no success. I caught three or four fish on the right descending bank as I worked my way back downstream to the sycamore tree across from Otter Creek. I heard the siren blow, indicating generation was about to begin, and started the long walk to my egress point. I surprised two armadillos, getting within a rod length from each of them. These are not our favorite animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment