Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Back on the Norfork River

DATE: Tuesday, 9/13/2005

TIME: 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM

WEATHER: Low 80’s, sunny

WATER CONDITIONS: 0 units

LOCATIONS FISHED: Norfork River, McClellan's, from Otter Creek to Ace in the Hole

HATCH: Small cream midges

ROD USED: Winston 10’ 4-weight WT

FLIES USED: #14 gray Norfork River scud, #16 brown Norfork River scud

OTHER: I fished with Ed and his friend, Jim, both from Memphis. What a pleasure it was for Ed to have called this morning. I contacted Wayne, and he was resting from a trip to Minnesota. I wanted to fish and thought it would have to be solo, but then Ed called and said he was in town. Anyway, we had a great morning, and caught lots of fish. The fish seemed a little larger than those caught in previous days, and they had good color. Ed caught 4 tagged fish and I caught 3; none were big, though. Also, Ed and I picked up some coontail moss near Ace in the Hole and found SOWBUGS! One was dark chocolate, about a #14 or #16, and the other was olive brown, #18. It was good to see sowbugs back in the river as I have not seen them in several years.

Once again, it was a glorious day with lots of fish hooked and landed. Ed and I have never had a bad fishing trip after several years of fishing; in fact, they have all be great with lots of fish. I am truly blessed to have such good fly fishing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment