Friday, September 23, 2005

I Broke the 10’ Winston

DATE: Friday, 9/23/2005

TIME: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM

WEATHER: Low 80’s, sunny

WATER CONDITIONS: 0 units

LOCATIONS FISHED: Norfork River, McClellan's near Ace in the Hole

HATCH: Small cream midges

ROD USED: Winston 10’ 4-weight WT

FLIES USED: #14 gray Norfork River scud

OTHER: I fished with Wayne. We had a super morning, and caught lots of fish. Sad to say, no one else seemed to be catching any. It was pretty incredible, actually, as we were catching fish almost every other cast. On the next to last two casts, I heard my rod pop just a little, and on the last cast, nothing seemed to happen, and the end of the rod went shooting down the line. It BROKE at the butt end ferrule in the mid-section (3-piece rod). Fortunately, it was about time to go anyway.

P.S. As a post script, I mailed the rod back to Winston this very afternoon, about $10 postage, and $30 for repair, but that's not bad, and I want/need my 10-foot rod back.

No comments:

Post a Comment