Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday, July 24, 2006

DATE: Monday, July 24, 2006

TIME: 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM

WEATHER: Low 80s rising to mid-90s

WATER CONDITIONS: 0 units (no generation prior 5 days)

LOCATIONS FISHED: Norfork River, the Pool to Mill Dam Eddy and back

HATCH: Some few midges and occasional crane flies

ROD USED: Winston 8’ 6” 5-weight WT Joan Wulff Favorite

FLIES USED: #14 tan Norfork River scud, #16 tan Norfork River scud, #20 furnace cockleburr

OTHER: Wayne and I fished together. Wayne is a fishing machine, catching fish almost every cast. The river was great today, and with Wayne's style of fishing, we both had sections of the river to ourselves with no one in sight. My improved clinch knot kept pulling off the hook when fish were on, causing me to lose several fish AND flies. I must have finally got it right as the knot remained intact. After I got the first fish to hand, I managed to take a lot of fish, including three about 16 inches, on the tan scud, and the fish were particularly heavy. At about 10 AM, I switched to a #20 furnace cockleburr and had a blast, catching fish both on the surface and in the film. I t was a great day. I left the water at 11 o'clock for some volunteer church work.

No comments:

Post a Comment