Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Wednesday, September 6, 2006

DATE: Wednesday, September 6, 2006

TIME: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM

WEATHER: Low 70s

WATER CONDITIONS: 0 units

LOCATIONS FISHED: Norfork River, McClellan’s—downstream of Otter Creek

HATCH: None

ROD USED: Winston 7’ 9”2-weight LT

FLIES USED: #14 gray Norfork River scud, #22 Dunn’s Dun

OTHER: I fished with Dick. Fishing was great today, but catching was challenging and difficult. I worked really hard to catch 8 to 10 fish on the scud, fishing for at least a couple of hours. This is the lowest output in numbers in a long while. I finally went back to basics and tied on a Dunn's Dun and fished the flat water to rising or midging fish. I missed a lot of fish while managing to catch only a half dozen or so; however, it was fun hunting and making the chase, and also sharpens the senses which is probably why I missed so many fish. Meanwhile, Dick managed to catch a good number of fish on both a gray and a tan scud; I’m not sure but it is entirely possible that "student" out fished the teacher today.

No comments:

Post a Comment